Welcome to Waco Poets Society.
Waco Poets Society is committed to curating the written & spoken-word arts and music in Waco and Central Texas; holding safe space for creative expression; and empowering artistic responses to the world around us. WPS believes that creative health is a matter of justice and organizes to effect change in neighborhoods throughout our community using the arts as a catalyst for personal and collective transformation.
We are listening.
- 2nd Saturdays Nuestra Voz open mic 7:30pm @ Rufi’s Cocina (will resume in January 2016)
- 3rd Thursdays open mic 7:30pm @ Tea2Go (will resume in January 2016)
- Artists Responding :: this is a periodic special open mic event held in response to current events happening in our local & global community
- Waco Poets Society supports and participates in the annual Waco Cultural Arts WordFest each September
- WPS is involved with other organizations, events, and programs to promote the written and spoken-word arts throughout the community
Waco Poets Society was founded in 2013 by Jenuine Poetess as a way to foster community among performance artists in Central Texas. Currently WPS is comprised of a team of volunteers who gather to plan regular open mic events, book features, and collaborate with other groups and orgs to create opportunities for creative expression. Primarily, WPS hosts several monthly open mic events: every 2nd Saturday at Rufi’s Cocina and ever 3rd Thursday at Tea2Go Waco-Baylor, but there are also other events we curate in collaboration with other local arts & activist organizations.
If you are interested in being a part of the planning, hosting, and organizing team of volunteers, please contact Jenuine at: wacopoetssociety [at] gmail [dot] com. You will be provided with information about WPS as well as volunteer expectations/agreements.